WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT 2018
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation
and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament
Director. The decision of the Tournament Director and tournament officials will
be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass
caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any
of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or
2. PARTICIPANTS: This
tournament may be fished as a boater 2-man team or as a non-boater individual. Payout will be determined by the number
of entries in each category.A
club/organization must have three two-man teams or three individuals to be
eligible to receive the club trophy based on the total length of the three
biggest bass (one/team, one/individual).
Contestants must have a valid Texas
Fishing License and another form of identification.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hoursare any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription,
allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this
rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of all entry
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All
contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy,
safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship,
violates these rules or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable
publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified. 5. BOATS & MOTORS: No engine
may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats
must meet U.S. Coast Guard and state regulations, have an emergency kill
switch, and aerated live well. Kayaks no power. 6. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED
AT ALL TIMES.A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time
the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to
the driver. Contestants fishing out of
a kayak, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver at all times.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish
must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine as a
method of fishing is prohibited. ONLY RODS AND
REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic
baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types
of rod and reels may be used. No live
or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one
(1) rod may be used at any one time. No
other types of rod and reels (spinning, bait casting, spin-cast) are permitted
in the boat during this tournament.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted
in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
9. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to
a polygraph test. Failure to submit to one will result in disqualification.
10. SCORING: If entered as a boater two-man
team, your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish for the team. If entered as a kayak individual your
score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish. Only largemouth bass should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released. A team’s/individual’s longest bass will be determine for the big bass
pot. Contestants may send in their fish photos at any time, but no later than 2:00 pm. All ties
will result in the awards being combined and divided equally between the
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board, mouth
closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length and your numbered hand or ID tag must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring. See additional catch-photo-release rules on the web site. 12.
PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No fishing is allowed inside the host marina area. Fishing is
restricted to the navigable waters of Lake Fork only. Boats may be trailered to
and from the weigh-in. No fishing is
allowed within 25 yards of another contestant.
Boaters must not fish within 50 yards of participants
fishing from a kayak, float tube, pontoon, or the bank. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals
will result in immediate disqualification.
13. REGISTRATION: All contestants must register online at ianglertournament.com and download their app. Registration may be by mail to
“Bass on the Fly” P.O.Box 173, Yantis, TX 75497 if received no later than April 16, 2018. Registration may be made at
the tournament site Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5:00-6:00AM Saturday, cash only. All contestants MUST check-in with their phone and signed release at the
tournament headquarters during official registration hours.
14. FISHING HOURS: 6:00AM-2:00PM Saturday. Contestants may launch no earlier than 5:00AM . Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than
15. OFF LIMITS: 7:00PM Friday-5:00AM Saturday.
Kayaks must use only public access sites to launch.
16. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $60 per individual
whether fishing as a two-man team or an individual. The tournament will be
held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry
and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry form
17. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants
may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors
or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.” 1/2/2018.
1. Prior to fishing, individual must present his phone with iangler app and measuring board at the registration desk for approval. The measuring board must be a commercial metal or plastic model which clearly shows the numbers and lines for inch and half-inch markings. HOMEMADE, RETRACTABLE TAPE, WOODEN, FOLDING, OR SLIDING MEASURING DEVICES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY TIME. 2. Each contestant or team will be issued one identification tag and hands numbered. This tag or numbered hand must appear in all pictures of the fish and must be readable. 3. A fish photograph should show the fish with mouth completely closed touching the end of the ruler with tail extended for maximum length, and it must also contain the ID tag or numbered hand. All fish photos must be taken with the fish facing left and the dorsal fin up. No fish will be recorded which does not comply with the prescribed photo requirements. Fish length will be rounded to the next higher half-inch. 4. No photos of duplicate, dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted. Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Bass On The Fly Fishing Tournaments. 5. If you cannot get a cell phone connection on the water, bring your phone to registration to have photos checked by 2:00PM.